Ensure that all guests are served to our venue’s standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Display highest standards of hospitality at all times within all food and beverage areas.
Takes orders and serves food and beverages to guests as per our standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
WAIT STAFF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by the supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Put orders through the POS machine and make sure to enter any special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, Without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co-ordinate with the hostess, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serves food and beverages to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service at all times.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Removing empty plates promptly, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at our venue.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking and presentation skills.
- Assist with stocking and maintaing the resturant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones, preparing drinks when necessary and cleaning duties.
- Tally the Credit Card settlements for the day with the batch closing report from EDC machine.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Can handle working under pressure, in a fast-pace environment.