As a Hostess at Bert’s you are responsible to promote and ensure guest satisfaction, maintain a safe and sanitary work environment and ensure only the highest quality products are being served.
Establishes rapport with guests to build guest loyalty and gather constructive feedback to ensure satisfaction of every individual guest. Also to handle daily team member relations, and encourage problem solving by team members through proper training and empowerment.
Hostess Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always greet and welcome guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
- Always thank and give fond farewell to guests conveying anticipation for their next visit.
- Assist guest with table reservation.
- Assist guest while seating.
- Ensure guest are serviced within specified time.
- Has a good knowledge of menu and presentation standards.
- Speak with guests and staff using clear and professional language, and answer phone calls using appropriate telephone etiquette.
- Able to answer any questions regarding menu and assist with menu selections.
- Able to anticipate any unexpected guest need and reacts promptly and tactfully.
- Always applies service techniques correctly at all times, and serving Food & Beverage items with enthusiasm.
- Serve food and beverages to guests.
- Arrange tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Record transaction / orders in Point of Sales systems at the time of order.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding any menu questions, the length of wait and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Check with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and beverages.
- Responsible for clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc. throughout the shift.
- Present accurate final bill to guest and process payment.
- Perform shift closing on the Point of sales terminal and tally cash and credit card settlements.
- Ensures that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house areas.
- Ensures that brand standards and SOP’s are consistently implemented.
- Work with fellow staff and bar manager to ensure that the restaurant achieves its full potential.
- Completes the daily responsibilities that are set for each individual shift.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Take an active role in coaching and developing junior staff.
- Any other duties related to food and beverage service assigned by the bar manager.