Bartenders will be responsible to prepare and serve drinks to customers. You need to be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. The purpose of this position is to interact with the guests and ensure they have a great experience at the bar or lounge.
Bartenders should maintain positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Assist management with planning and presenting the bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol. (RSA required)
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with standard drink recipes.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing drinks and snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving in a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Bert’s food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of shelves, fridges and glass doors, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Maintain liquor inventory and track consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform Other duties as and when assigned by management.
Must be able to communicate well in English writing and speaking. Other languages are an advantage but not required. Good personality and positive interpersonal skills are required. Up-to-date RSA needed.